Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Positive thoughts of the day thread. Jump in and say hello.

(92 Posts)
PiperIsOrange Fri 10-Oct-14 21:07:15

Anything you have felt positive about, no matter how small and petty it may seem please share. Even if it's managing to get the motivation to have a wash

I will start.

Today I have cleaned my kitchen, I know it's a basic thing but finally I can see the work tops and floor.

Raftofdeterminationandlove Fri 10-Oct-14 21:29:27

Ok.

I got out for a walk today round the park and only needed to stop to rest once.

PiperIsOrange Fri 10-Oct-14 22:19:44

Well done smile

Raftofdeterminationandlove Fri 10-Oct-14 23:24:14

smile

MrsMinton Fri 10-Oct-14 23:26:30

I drove into the city centre, attended a meeting and drove home. I didn't cry and only had a minor moment.

Well done Raft and Piper smile

PiperIsOrange Fri 10-Oct-14 23:32:12

Congratulations MrsMinton.

I feel like this forum should have 1 positive thing, something for people to aspire to write on.

MrsMinton Fri 10-Oct-14 23:32:53

Thank you. I think your idea is a great one.

Raftofdeterminationandlove Sat 11-Oct-14 23:19:22

Hi

I think this is a lovely idea too. Today has been hard so it is nice to try and think of something positive.

I caught up with my friend for a meal. It was so lovely to see her. I felt a bit panicky afterwards but didn't actually have a panic attack.

MrsMinton Sat 11-Oct-14 23:22:29

Glad you had a nice meal Raft and the panic attack stayed away.

I've felt tired and low today but my two DS got their certificates for completing a reading challenge so we went and watched. H and I held hands and watched them. It was lovely for an hour.

PiperIsOrange Sun 12-Oct-14 01:05:36

Well done both of you.

Raftofdeterminationandlove Sun 12-Oct-14 01:16:01

Thank you.

PiperIsOrange Mon 13-Oct-14 17:11:43

I manage to go to work today smile did feel a bit low but survived it.

Raftofdeterminationandlove Mon 13-Oct-14 17:36:56

Well done Piper

I went to a singing group today. I was v nervous but I enjoyed it and glad I challenged myself.

MrsMinton Mon 13-Oct-14 22:31:28

Piper I'm so pleased the first day is out the way.
Raft that sounds fantastic well done.

I made a difficult phone call. I feel better now it's done.

PiperIsOrange Tue 14-Oct-14 13:10:05

Amazing to hear.

commuter123 Tue 14-Oct-14 13:24:09

I had a really nice sandwich for lunch... after feeling grotty for a couple of days I enjoyed it so much! Small things...

magicgirl74 Tue 14-Oct-14 23:12:42

After worrying about my hubby going to Holland on a course for a week I'm coping better than I thought I would being on my own with my son who has adhd and aspergers ☺️

MrsMinton Tue 14-Oct-14 23:26:57

Commuter brilliant smile

Magicgirl I'm so pleased it's going better than you expected. I hope the rest of the week is as positive for you.

My positive for the day: I got everything organised tonight ready for school and work tomorrow so the morning will be calmer.

Raftofdeterminationandlove Thu 16-Oct-14 20:18:45

Well done everyone smile

I got a couple of birthday cards today. From the charity shop too so quite cheap.

windchimes23 Thu 16-Oct-14 20:45:47

I am being discharged to OP tomorrow (assuming I behave tonight, which I most definitely, positively will), did my online shop. Can't wait to cook my own food smile

MrsMinton Thu 16-Oct-14 20:52:36

That's great Raft, I love charity shops smile

ReallyReal, what a lovely thing to look forward to. Have you ordered something nice to cook?

My positive is I watched my DS running about and didn't feel the rising panic that he might get hurt. still felt uncomfortable but not anxious.

PiperIsOrange Thu 16-Oct-14 21:52:48

Glad people on this thread are doing and thinking positive.

I know this sounds really petty, but today I loved worked.

MrsMinton Thu 16-Oct-14 22:02:17

I like that Piper. smile
I love work. It gives me structure and makes me feel I'm not useless!

Raftofdeterminationandlove Fri 17-Oct-14 23:24:59

I like working. I don't do paid work (for various reasons. Hope to one day) but I volunteer and it makes such a difference to me.

Today I managed to buy some good quality and cheap wine as presents for friends.

windchimes23 Sat 18-Oct-14 14:41:52

How is everyone today?

I have made my children homemade chicken soup and bread for their afternoon snack. They are now playing with a huge amazon box which held a tiny item (typical). We are making a castle out of it. TBH I am bloody knackered but am keeping on trying to see the good smile

How are you all doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now