Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

OCD

(7 Posts)
georgiad Wed 17-Sep-14 13:22:05

Hi everyone,

I've only recently joined mumsnet and I posted around a bit and it seems like a really friendly community so I'm just going to vent and hope some can give good advice...

I have really severe OCD which comes and goes, some months not there at all, other months so bad I can't leave the house and even the house puts me in a constant state of terror.

At the moment is a bad phase:
The skin on my hands is scrubbed raw and bleeding
I've been ending up hours late to work because I can't leave if I get caught up in some stupid ritual/routine
I can't eat
I barely talk
I've thrown out loads of clothes and books and things I love (Including my last momento of my Gran) because I feel like they've become somehow contaminated or dirty and I can't have them around without throwing up from the sick feeling.

Basically its hell. I've gone on new meds but they dont seem to be working. The therapist never got back to me and I keep being told to just wait whenever I call. I'm in a constant state of irrational fear of everything I might touch around me. None of my friends or family can stand to be around me when I'm like this. They end up crying because they hate seeing me that way.

...I don't know what to do.

bluebell345 Wed 17-Sep-14 17:27:34

sorry for your situation sad.
have you visited your gp and told them your situation? if not tell them everything you told here.
you should be referred for a treatment like cbt. ask this to be as soon as possible. you need to have your meds checked as well. how long have you been taking them?
don't worry, some people benefit from cbt, etc well.
wish you the best. thanks

bluebell345 Fri 19-Sep-14 08:30:31

you allright georgiad?
how you getting on?

temporaryusername Sun 21-Sep-14 22:56:47

I'm really sorry sad.

I know how horrible this condition can get and it is torturous. Let us know how you are if you can. What meds are you on, how long for, what dose etc?

georgiad95 Mon 10-Nov-14 15:23:50

Thanks for your concerned messages. I'm doing a bit better now. I went to stay with my mum for a month until they changed my medication. It actually seems to be working now smile I'm feeling much better, not normal, but better. thank you so much for your concerned messages and sorry for worrying anyone by not replying - couldn't stand touching the keyboard for a little while coz they get so dirty!

bluebell345 Tue 11-Nov-14 09:24:05

don't worry you couldn't reply georgiad95.
it is very good that your medication is working. can I ask which medication you are taking.
there is also cbt as well which can help, you can find out about it from your gp.
best wishes flowers.

temporaryusername Tue 11-Nov-14 13:23:46

That is great news that you are feeling better, keep going and hopefully you'll go from strength to strength. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now