Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Does anyone know any support forums for partners/family members of someone with mental health illnesses?

(5 Posts)
Chocoholism Thu 27-Mar-14 17:33:57

Just looking for some support online, not sure where to look, mr google didn't give me much help!

gamerchick Thu 27-Mar-14 18:11:21

The only place I can think of that covers most MH bases is beating the beast but I don't know if it's exclusive to suffers only. I can't see why it wouldn't be of any help for those who are affected by a family member who suffers.

Or maybe they'll know of a support forum themselves?

www.beatingthebeast.com/forum/index.php?s=9de06ed67796e14eceb1a2a19559bfa7&act=idx

Frustratedlady Sun 30-Mar-14 17:05:40

here

MrsMcEnroe Sun 30-Mar-14 17:08:36

I've had wonderful (both practical and emotional) support on Mumsnet re my husband's longstanding MH issues and I will be eternally grateful to everyone who has helped me, particularly last summer/autumn when things were really awful (they are much better now!!).

Can any of us MNetters help you OP?

mrssmith79 Sun 30-Mar-14 17:11:32

Carers UK have a forum section for mental health, might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now