Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I have appointments but can't stop shaking

(5 Posts)
CattyBrown Mon 24-Mar-14 08:42:52

I am in the middle of a mental crisis at the minute and have 2 appointments. One is going to cause me a decent amount of pain and I can't take anything other than paracetamol and the other is sitting with a group. I really don't want to face anyone today. I'm feeling sick, headachey & tight chested (asthma) at the thought.

DC are at school so they can't see the state I'm in and the only person I want (Dh) is at work.

PlumProf Mon 24-Mar-14 08:45:56

Be brave, Sweetheart. All treatment is designed to help you to feel better so that you can live a happy life, and carry on being a great mum and wife. It is normal to feel a little nervous before something new. Can you try to take your mind off it until your appointments with a walk, or a book, or even housekeeping? Are they today?

CattyBrown Mon 24-Mar-14 08:58:31

Plum. Yes they are, they are straight after each other. I'm just so fed up. I went out on Sat, got drunk and all my ailments disappeared for a little while (except for the bad head yesterday), now its back to reality and more painsad

CattyBrown Mon 24-Mar-14 09:05:03

When I say pain I mean physical pain not mental pain. Still shaking and the tears have startedsad

PlumProf Mon 24-Mar-14 11:58:13

Ok, so you only have a few more hours (tops) to get through. Find a distraction. Clean your oven? Wipe down the skirting boards with music up loud. And it will be fine :-) Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now