Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Trrochanteric bursitis - and now anxiety

(3 Posts)
HenriettaTurkey Mon 17-Mar-14 10:30:17

Morning all. I wonder if you can help...I've been off work for 2 months with a hip problem - trrochanteric bursitis - which makes my teaching job impossible. I work with students with SEN which involves a lot of manual handling & getting up & down off the floor. My GP says that returning to work too soon could make the problem much worse & I should basically rest until it's better. I have physio booked in for early May.

In the meantime I am getting increasingly anxious about going back to work at all, I feel a failure, I have aches everywhere & am having very disturbing dreams.

I would usual counteract these feelings (which have been a part of my life on & off for several decades) with long walks, the gym & swimming - all of which is out of the question because of the hip.

So I am stuck getting fat & feeling like a miserable lump.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this cycle?

HenriettaTurkey Mon 17-Mar-14 10:31:11

Not sure why my phone is autocorrecting trochanteric to trrochanteric! Oops.

HenriettaTurkey Mon 17-Mar-14 17:54:36

Anybody?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now