Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling like I can't cope right now...

(2 Posts)
ScarletLady02 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:11:58

I've had a really fucking SHIT 6 months and I feel like it's all getting on top of me now. I don't want judgement, please, I just need some support.

My marriage went through a very rocky patch last year and I was badly betrayed by the first friend I felt I could truly open up to in my whole life. I've dealt with depression and anxiety for years and also suffer from dermatillomania (skin picking) which is exacerbated in periods of stress.

I was having panic attacks and started to really fear leaving my house because I thought I would bump into this person. I went onto Seroxat and it started to help (after Sertraline made me nearly want to kill myself). I was trying to hold things together as my DH was going through a very hard time emotionally as well (hence the marriage problems). It got to the point where I had to call the mental health team on him as I was worried he was going to kill himself. He go some help and we're trying to work through our issues both separately and together.

I'm not looking for judgement here please but while my DH was having problems, he got himself into an argument with someone who threatened him and ended up getting arrested. Without going into too much detail, he has been charged and is facing possible prison time because of what happened (as is the other person - this person was armed).

Add on top of that and I lost my Mum and my best friend just before Christmas...she lost her 20 year long battle with breast cancer and it was horrible at the end.

To top it all off, I've got myself into money problems with all the stress and now it's looking like I might be losing my house because I've got behind with the rent through my own stupidity. I know it's my own fault but I was having such a hard time keeping track of everything with all the stress.

I have a meeting with the estate agent tomorrow. I am literally in pieces. I have spent the last few days not sleeping, I have the sour taste of adrenaline and stress in my mouth all day and feel like all I can do is stare at the wall. I'm going out of my mind with worry but I literally CANNOT focus on anything to try and sort this mess out. I feel like I'm drowning.

silvermirror Thu 13-Mar-14 00:02:18

Whats reallt clear is you need to get some sleep, ask yr gp to give you some sleeping tablets for a week or two. Sleep depravation can cause severe lack of concentration inattention.

Look into beareavement charities to help you deal with your mums tragic death.

Shelter is a charity that helps with tenency so contact them.

Conact yr cpn tomorrow and explain you cant sleep shem maybe able to talk to yr gp or organise for you to see a psychiatrist to assess yr current meds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now