Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Emetophobes support please! DD's friend has been sick since she got home from school

(8 Posts)
Katnisscupcake Mon 10-Mar-14 20:03:15

I was just facebooking one of the mums at dd's school who she played with today and she said that her dd had been sick 6 times since getting home from school.

I'm terrified that dd may have caught a bug. I am shaking like a leaf. I have my anti-sickness tablets ready but I'm just scared that they won't work...

Nanking Mon 10-Mar-14 20:39:00

I feel your pain! My ds (12) has a banging headache and says he feels sick. He looks pale too! I'm panicking and shaking,it's horrible sad

Katnisscupcake Mon 10-Mar-14 21:02:22

Why this phobia nanking? I can't imagine any phobia being as bad as this one sad. I've tried cbt and hypnotherapy, nothing has worked...

I've got to see the GP this week for something else so will ask for some more anti-sickness tablets at the same time - extra strength!!

Paloma12 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:06:28

You'll be fine. Worst case scenario, your daughter gets it - you may well not pick it up. Even if you do, you need to remember it won't really harm you.

Nanking Mon 10-Mar-14 21:13:01

Yes I have emetophobia! I'm on a waiting list for CBT and I'm on citalopram. I hate it,esp this time of year. Everyone seems to be getting this sickness bug!

Katnisscupcake Mon 10-Mar-14 21:18:11

Paloma, the logical part of me agrees with you, but phobias by their nature are irrational, illogical fears so unfortunately that doesn't help me at all. I know that I will be ok, but the truth is that I will go through anything to avoid being sick...

What's citalopram nanking?

Paloma12 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:21:10

I know, but logical thinking is in the end the only cure (in my humble opinion) i had this phobia really badly until I was about 20, so I do understand.

justmuddlingalongsomehow Wed 12-Mar-14 19:14:49

If she was sick after she got home and not at school your daughter has less chance of catching it. Hold strong till the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now