Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Really Annoyed by Mental Health Services

(9 Posts)
ThrowawayOfTheWeek Mon 10-Mar-14 15:52:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Messupmum Mon 10-Mar-14 15:59:46

God I'm mad with them too today. Lots of promises that they don't follow through with. Can't reply properly now, will do later. Makes me cry too.

fluffydressinggown Mon 10-Mar-14 18:21:34

I am sorry that does sound crap. Can you go back to your GP in the meantime?

I hope these next few weeks pass quickly and you get the support you need soon. Take care x

gamerchick Mon 10-Mar-14 18:27:23

Sadly the money has been cut to the bone... we're doing the dance for a family member and her multiple suicide attempts sad you have to fight.. scream louder than anybody else to get any help.

Ring PALS up.. its the only thing I can think of that actually gets you anywhere.

If there's somebody caring for you they need to join the carers bit.. those lot have welly behind them in accessing services.

Go back to your GP and don't stop.. They want you to go away.. don't let them.

Good luck.

ThrowawayOfTheWeek Mon 10-Mar-14 18:50:15

SilverStars Mon 10-Mar-14 19:19:49

Gp or A and E is best if need immediate treatment.
In physical health terms the maximum wait should be 18 weeks for first appointment if you want to compare.

Sadly when staff are off ill then appointments do get cancelled. Can you tell your gp taking time off work for something to be cancelled last minute is stressful? Perhaps gp can refer you elsewhere? Or does your work offer any support, some do?

brightandbreezyNot Mon 10-Mar-14 20:37:06

I know. I also treated for attempting suicide after New year, had one , appt with MY care coordinator, meds not reviewed. Yes I know all about your fustrationxxxxxxxxx

ThrowawayOfTheWeek Mon 10-Mar-14 21:30:35

brightandbreezyNot Mon 10-Mar-14 21:41:01

hellotry not to be hard on yourself. At least you acknowledge there is a lack of help/resources available.It is just so hard when you are in turmoil with no where to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now