Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My partner is a big cause of my depression.

(9 Posts)
needaholidaynow Mon 10-Mar-14 09:16:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Messupmum Mon 10-Mar-14 09:23:58

I wouldn't trust him to look after the babies all day, I think you need to leave him. Sorry to be blunt. You have got somewhere to go, many single mums cope. Speak to your hv, or go to the council or CAB, there is a lot of support out there. You don't need to go on like this. He sounds like a lazy git, I think you'd be happier without him. Not saying it will be easy, but you can't live with someone who's violent to you.

Dwerf Mon 10-Mar-14 09:30:34

Do the council still have to house you if you are a victim of domestic violence? They certainly used to. If I were you, I'd look into that, and look into how you'd go about claiming benefits as a single parent. If you go to the doctors and get yoursself signed off with depression, it'll give you some leeway to sort this situation out. Whether it give you time to leave and find a childminder, or see if you can leave your ob without sanctions.

You don't have to put up with being verbally and physically abused by a mana you don't even trust to look after your chidren. You really don't.

needaholidaynow Mon 10-Mar-14 09:44:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

juneau Mon 10-Mar-14 09:47:46

Leave him. He's a complete waste of space who contributes nothing. Council, CAB and/or a solicitor for advice. I see he's your DP, not DH, so that should make things a bit easier.

tulipsaredelicious Mon 10-Mar-14 10:31:20

yy to everything the other posters say

you are worth more than that, and you are a better person than you feel right now - believe it.

fee25 Mon 10-Mar-14 11:54:06

i would leave him u will be happier in the long run, it might seem scary to start with but it will be worth it in the end.

silvermirror Mon 10-Mar-14 18:08:25

The reason he has a nicer side is to keep you and so he is in control. What you have described is domestic abuse and really have to leave him or have him removed from your home and a restraining order put in place for legal help contact the helpline on link below.

http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk/if-you-are-a-woman-experiencing-domestic-violence.aspx

silvermirror Mon 10-Mar-14 18:13:18

Link
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/abuse/Pages/domestic-violence-help.aspx

0808 2000 247

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now