Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

What do you take for anxiety/feelings of dread, and does it work?

(5 Posts)
TrueWorrier Sun 09-Mar-14 19:23:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SnowyMouse Sun 09-Mar-14 19:59:48

Some people take a small amount of quetiapine (an antipsychotic). I used to, but now take small amounts of diazepam from time to time (not often enough that it stops working).

InCiderMind Sun 09-Mar-14 20:01:53

taking citalopram has reduced my anxiety/feeling of dread but not completely.

its awful tbh but better on citalopram

teawomen Sun 09-Mar-14 20:51:02

I began sertraline in October last year and haven't looked back. Changed my life, given me my confidence bck and panic attacks are more or less a thing of the past. I do get a little anxious around 'the time of the month' but other than that dramatic improvement.

mouse26 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:19:05

I'm on citalopram, prescribed for depression but I also suffer the anxiety. No reason for it at all, just hits me sometimes, I get a knotted feeling in my stomach, feel sick, sometimes to the point I am sick, and more recently my entire body Burns as though I'm on fire sad the symptoms were worse before the citalopram and I do know that the anxiety will pass but its still awful when its happening xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now