Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not sure I even need ADs?

(12 Posts)
TrueWorrier Sun 09-Mar-14 10:10:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LastingLight Sun 09-Mar-14 11:42:59

I think that you needed some talk therapy when you first went to the gp, not meds. You were reacting in a completely understandable way to difficult life circumstances but you didn't seem to be depressed. Since you didn't have anxiety before you started taking the ad's I think it's fair to assume that they might be causing it. I don't know enough to explain why you would have felt fine for 3 weeks and then started experiencing side effects, you would have to ask your doc. Is counselling an option?

TrueWorrier Sun 09-Mar-14 13:35:00

LastingLight Sun 09-Mar-14 16:54:34

If you speak to your doc, will you please come back and tell what he/she said? These meds have such unpredictable effects on people. Every now and again I go through a phase of threatening to stop my meds (maybe one day I will...) just to know once and for all what is a side effect and what is a symptom of illness. I can't imagine that it's very good for you if you don't need it at all.

TrueWorrier Sun 09-Mar-14 18:58:01

Sillylass79 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:43:14

LastingLight Tue 11-Mar-14 06:23:23

TrueWorrier how are you doing? What did the doc say?

Oblomov Tue 11-Mar-14 06:38:22

How are you getting on?
I am not convinced you need to be on AD's at all.

TrueWorrier Tue 11-Mar-14 14:17:40

LastingLight Tue 11-Mar-14 14:37:56

I hope that this was a turning point for you and that things will continue to improve.

TrueWorrier Tue 11-Mar-14 14:40:10

TrueWorrier Tue 11-Mar-14 14:47:54

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now