Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling bad.

(3 Posts)
hiddenhome Sat 08-Mar-14 20:04:58

I've been having neighbour problems for a long time now and we've finally found somewhere to move to, but this isn't going to happen until beginning of July.

I've begun to feel ill when I have to leave the house, even to go out into the garden. I feel as though everyone is watching me and waiting for something to happen to me, like fall over or drop something.

I feel depressed about what's happened over the years and have no one to talk to. Dh doesn't understand because he just says "We're moving, what more do you want?". As far as he's concerned, the problem has been fixed and I guess that's true, but I still feel really bad.

I'm on Citalopram which usually works very well, but I just feel so sick and tormented and don't know how I'll manage to stick it out until July. I feel as though I'm getting paranoid. One of them spoke to me the other day and I felt like screaming at him.

This is really getting to me and I have no one at all to talk to about it.

NanaNina Sat 08-Mar-14 23:35:38

It sounds like you have become overwhelmed with the problems with the neighbours and even though you are moving away, it is still causing you huge distress. Do you want to talk more on here about "what's happened over the years" as this is surely contributing to the depression.

I suffer from intermittent depression and anxiety so can understand how you are feeling and how others just don't "get it" - I don't think you can understand mental illness unless you have suffered it yourself.

AgentZigzag Sun 09-Mar-14 01:43:33

Your DH is seeing the time from a distance, that it's 'only' 4 months, and compared to how long you've put up with them that's not long.

But you're looking at the time as stretched out in its hours and minutes before you, and you've already used up all your resources to cope with the situation and just haven't got anything left to give.

Is there any way you can distance yourself from it a bit and start visualising the day you move, what needs to be done packing up, what it'll feel like to be in the new house, how you're going to decorate it etc, how lovely your new neighbours are going to be.

How do you feel about going back to the Drs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now