Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can I get help re SEN and divorce proceedings?

(3 Posts)
BadSeedsAddict Thu 06-Mar-14 12:59:08

My EA ex has started divorce proceedings. I have inattentive ADHD, and despite being generally ok, struggle with forms and things like dates, lists and so on. If this is the case, am I able to ask for any assistance with how to proceed? I have literally no money for court costs and he is trying to do it under unreasonable behaviour. Tried to go to citizen's advice today and it was closed! I don't know where to start.

SilverStars Thu 06-Mar-14 15:54:37

Do you have any family or friends who could help you? Always a good place to start. Maybe go back to citizens advice when open?

BadSeedsAddict Thu 06-Mar-14 16:56:00

I do - and I don't know where I'd be without them through this! - but they don't have any knowledge either. I'm going to go to see a solicitor but I'm worried about them taking my rubbish memory and tendency to get overwhelmed, the wrong way. And I'm worried about getting into debt. I will go back to CAB too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: