Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Weight gain/loss Sertraline

(5 Posts)
Quitelikely Wed 05-Mar-14 20:48:55

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of this. Previously on sertraline I put weight on and found it really hard to lose. Has anyone successfully managed to lose weight by exercise/diet whilst taking meds?

Thanks

MorrisZapp Wed 05-Mar-14 20:52:44

Hard to say. When I was very bad with anxiety, I couldn't swallow solid food so I lost a lot of weight. I started on sertraline and got better quite quickly, and put all the weight back on. I didn't mind at the time as it was such a relief to be normal again.

I'm trying to taper down now but it's not easy. I'd love to think that roughly half of my excess weight is due to sertraline but I suspect when I finally get off it the extra stone is my free gift to keep smile

Quitelikely Wed 05-Mar-14 21:43:12

It's good they worked for you though it's just sort of bitter sweet with the weight gain they cause!

tulipsaredelicious Thu 06-Mar-14 00:16:31

I haven't noticed any difference. I know there is an ad which aids weight loss. Just don't know which, sorry.

Quitelikely Thu 06-Mar-14 08:25:17

Bumping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now