Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

feel like walking away from everything

(5 Posts)
fee25 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:31:50

i have never felt so low like this in a lomg time ive going through quite a stressful time at the moment split up with my partner in november and moving house in a few weeks (which i havent started packing) i feel like crying all the time, i could easily sleep all day cant be bothered doing anything even making the tea is a big task. i feel like am not coping with the kids esp my youngest he is stressing me out with his tantrums i just want to run away and start again. i cant speak to my ex partner scared he mite take the kids off me and my mum is very unsupportive i see my hv next fri but that seems ages away please help

JennyCliff Tue 04-Mar-14 20:20:53

So, you've split up, have a child with tantrums, no-one to turn to and you're moving house. No wonder you're feeling like crap. First of all, this is completely NORMAL under the circs - you ARE coping by keeping your head above water (even though it's bluddy hard), but you do need a bit of support which you plainly don't have.

I don't have any easy answers. I just wanted to send my commiserations. I have been been in the same boat (except for the splitting with partner) and it's pretty rubbish. I survived though - sending you best wishes and good luck because that's all I can do.

When you see the HV tell him/her everything. It's their job to offer support and guidance.

fee25 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:51:40

i want to phone the health visitor today but scared what she mite say? what if she phones ss?

Sevensev Wed 05-Mar-14 14:30:42

ss like people to ask for help. It shows that they are trying to get help for the situation.

JennyCliff Wed 05-Mar-14 17:14:18

It's the hv's job to be there for you and offer guidance and advice. But, she can't read your mind and nobody can help unless you talk to them - be brave and assertive. You might be surprised at how she can help/support you but you have to let her know first.
Best wishes to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now