Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Venlafaxine question

(6 Posts)
scarecrow22 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:07:14

I take Venlafaxine (150mg day, prolonged release). I have just started back at work after second child and the change in routine means I keep missing my meds. The feeling of spaced out, leery-brain horribleness is not only, well, horrid, but also really not helpful in quite an intense job where accuracy matters.

The meds really do help me when I take them on time, and I clearly need to up my game in reminding myself, but until then has anybody a good idea for helping cope today (and the other days)? I want to have a Coke (normally never touch the stuff) but my sensible side says caffine and sugar will make this worse not better....

Thanks

While I'm on the subject - is there a texting service for dizzy forgetful people like me? If not, I will set one up! I set the alarm on my phone, but somehow either miss it or turn it off in a moment of optimism....

PumpkinsMummy Tue 04-Mar-14 10:09:38

Hi scarecrow, I take mine first thing in the morning with my vitamins and breakfast as I keep them in the same cupboard. Do you take yours twice a day or all in one dose? I take mine in two doses so if I am late taking one it is only a very mild side effect I get.

PumpkinsMummy Tue 04-Mar-14 10:11:20

Oh sorry, how to cope today, I would say stodgy food, no caffeine or high sugar though as these will mimic the side effects so make it worse I find. Try to "mop up" the surge of medicine with pasta, toast etc.hth.

scarecrow22 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:20:15

Thanks Pumpkins. I'm working part time at the moment and when I do work leave home at 6.30am so have breakfast at work - hence no routine. I too have usually after breakfast....

LastingLight Tue 04-Mar-14 11:45:50

Venlaxafine withdrawal after missing just one pill is the pits, that alone was enough to help me remember I must take it! I put my pills on my bedside table at night so that I see them first thing in the morning and while I'm getting dressed. I assume you keep some pills in your handbag for keeping at work. Set alarms not only on your phone but also on your email if you can. Then get into the habit of stopping what you're doing and taking the pill the moment the alarm goes off. Do you eat cereal for breakfast? Can you put some pills in the cereal box? Sorry I have no other suggestions and don't know how to cope with the withdrawal other than to just suffer through it.

SilverStars Tue 04-Mar-14 23:33:25

Put pills with breakfast at work? Next to something you do or use regularly? Like toothbrush?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now