Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

wellbutrin (generic name: Bupropion).

(5 Posts)
basia2 Mon 03-Mar-14 02:04:43

I know this is mostly a UK board, and it is my understanding that Wellbutrin is not prescribed for depression in the UK. I think it is prescribed there (under a different name, I forget what) for smoking cessation.
But anyway, I was wondering if anybody here has ever taken it and if the could share their experiences with it, good or bad.

I went to the doctor yesterday because I have been crying a lot lately, feeling hopeless, a lot of anxiety, etc.
He prescribed wellbutrin. I am to start at 150 mg, then in five days I will increase it to 300 mg by taking two tablets per day.
He also gave me ambien for sleep, because I have been having insomnia.
Anyway, I just took my first wellbutrin pill this morning, and it seems to already be helping. I feel a little better already. But I also feel very shaky, almost like i've had too much coffee. This I making me a little nervous. I called back to the clinic, and they said this is normal and will pass when I get used to the medication. My heart is beating a little fast too, but i'm just trying not to focus on it and to distract myself.

Has anyone else here ever taken this medication, and if so, what was your experience?

LastingLight Mon 03-Mar-14 07:02:24

Wellbutrin did nothing for me, but it did help to lift a friend's depression. I can't remember specific side effects I had (been on many different meds), but agitation is a frequent side effect and should go away. It is an unusual choice as a first anti-depressant to try.

MissSunshine2014 Tue 01-Apr-14 14:37:00

Hello, does anyone know where I can buy Wellbutrin from, even online?

I have been prescribed Prozac which Im loathe to take as I need an anti depressant that wont cause weight gain.

My GP wont prescribe it and says it not an her ordering system sad and I have looked at the US websites but am conscious they may be fraudulent.

All suggestions a huge help, thanks x

evertonmint Tue 01-Apr-14 14:42:45

MissSunshine - are you trying to buy Wellbutrin to self-medicate, i.e. nobody has actually prescribed it for you? Please don't do this - it's a really bad idea.

MissSunshine2014 Tue 01-Apr-14 14:48:52

Thanks, was prescribed to me a couple of years ago by my GP but i decided not to go down that route and now need to take some thing. Other option is Celexa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now