Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

cpn nurse for mental health

(3 Posts)
dopamax Sun 02-Mar-14 11:49:29

hi, hope ok to ask you guys don't wish to intrude but does anyone who sees a mental health dr get one? If so what do they do and does it help?
My gp is on at my locum dr in mental health....I see a new psych every month which is awful as they have no perm consultant...I have had mental health needs for 32 years, bipolar just to name 1 thing and gp says if cant see same dr at least a cpn.... thanks for reading

fluffydressinggown Sun 02-Mar-14 12:07:11

I got my cpn after being referred to the CMHT. I see her every two weeks and we talk about stuff going on in my life at the moment and we also do some CBT/compassionate mind stuff. I really like my CPN and she has been really helpful to me.

coxspippin Tue 11-Mar-14 18:31:44

I too see different consultants; also when I was referred to the Cmht I was assigned a mental health nurse weekly. He is trying to get me seen by the original (and best) consultant. Hope you get the care and treatment dopamax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now