Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline-mornings, evenings?

(8 Posts)
Aniline Mon 24-Feb-14 17:39:10

I got a packet of sertraline and it was written on the packet that "one taken daily". I am wondering what time it is best to take.

omletta Mon 24-Feb-14 17:41:38

Morning - although some people say night to avoid the side effects. I started with night, but they stopped me sleeping, so now I do morning.

There was a thread here a little while ago where a MH nurse said defo morning as they have the opposite of a sedative effect.

Aniline Mon 24-Feb-14 17:45:05

Thanks. I have had problems with medicines being too sedative. Hopefully this one works the opposite for me, too.

omletta Mon 24-Feb-14 17:47:07

Good luck - they don't suit everyone, but for me they are a wonder drug!

HidingUnderMyDuvet Mon 24-Feb-14 17:48:52

I do mornings too- they made it difficult to sleep at the beginning. Good luck.

Aniline Mon 24-Feb-14 19:42:10

I wanted to start the med so I just took it. Hopefully I can sleep. My another med is quite sedative so hopefully my sleep is not too much disturbed. If this won't work I can always take it in the mornings.

HidingUnderMyDuvet Tue 25-Feb-14 06:12:19

How did you get on last night OP?

Aniline Tue 25-Feb-14 06:42:37

I took extra diazepam and slept okish. This med definitely is activating. I was up till late. I will take it in the mornings from now on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now