Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone here have a partner with BPD?

(6 Posts)
tigerlillyd02 Sat 22-Feb-14 16:57:35

I am just looking for someone in the same position as me who understands..

Suicidal5833 Sat 22-Feb-14 19:54:23

I'm someone with bpd I noticed no one answered your thread so thought I would. I obviously can't speak for all people suffering with bpd but is there any questions you would like to ask about why I act they way I do?

CandyKate Sat 22-Feb-14 19:57:30

Are we talking about borderline personality disorder or bipolar depression? I have a friend whose DH has borderline personality disorder and i would love to gain some insight in order to be able to understand what she's going through some more.

dishandspoon Sat 22-Feb-14 21:32:33

Hello, I just saw this thread, if it's any help there are some good books available (try Amazon) I highly recommend 'The Buddha and The Borderline' by Kiera Van Gelder, the author has BPD and it is a really good insight into what it is like. Hope this helps.

dishandspoon Sat 22-Feb-14 21:34:23

- it also offers insight into recovery, and her journey in living with BPD and getting help with it. I think there is also a book called 'walking on eggshells' for partners of those with BPD, have heard good reports of this book too.

somewhatavoidant Sat 22-Feb-14 22:00:50

Tigerlilly, I came on this evening to ask the same question. DH has bpd. It's hard. Currently high and drinking too much. He's away for a couple of nights and I'm kinda relievedsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now