Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Stupid Jabbering Head Won't STFU

(4 Posts)
MellowMarshmallow Fri 21-Feb-14 16:42:55

Same every year, hate this run into Spring. Not long to go now. Got a day light lamp. Most people IRL would have no idea I struggle like this.

Constant internal dialogue of 'you don't need to eat that', 'have you washed you hands', 'are you sure you washed them', 'what about the backdoor, is that locked', 'oh you've touched a handle so you'll need to wash your hands again', 'maybe you should clean the handle too'.

I don't act on it. Have perfected the art of watching those thoughts float by and know that one day soon they will stop again. I know they've been triggered by a very stressful week in which I've had ill kids, too much work to do, an extremely difficult decision to make, and to top it off someone stole £200 from us which we have very little chance of getting back.

Just moaning out loud really. Thanks for reading.

And maybe someone else will read this and realize that lots of people have noisy head syndrome.

100redballoons Fri 21-Feb-14 21:22:05

Hey mellow. didn't want to read & run.

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad week but you're sounding really cool to me. Think you've got the head sussed. For me it's Autumn that's the killer. We're on the downhill slope now. Hazel catkins are out & daffodils are in bud. Hang on in there.

LastingLight Sat 22-Feb-14 08:16:57

I hope that next week will be much better for you. Learning how to just watch the thoughts and let them pass must have been hard but quite a breakthrough.

MellowMarshmallow Sat 22-Feb-14 13:14:14

Thanks both of you. Just looked up hazel catkins as I didn't know what that meant and I'm glad I did. Seen loads of those and dc were asking what they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now