Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

bipolar and antidepressants

(5 Posts)
jellybelly123 Thu 20-Feb-14 08:10:02

I have now gone through several mood stabilisers but they didn't lift my mood. Now, finally, an antidepressant was added to the cocktail. I am just wondering if anyone has positive experiences on this kind of approach.

Suicidal5833 Thu 20-Feb-14 08:20:41

I have a anti depressant and I'm bipolar 1 for severe depressions. They don't make me manic they do help but the only problem is the sudden withdrawals when my mood changes which as I rapid cycle happens frequently.

WeGotAnnie Thu 20-Feb-14 08:25:39

I think every person with bipolar is different, and trying out different meds or med combinations is the only way to really find out what suits.

I tried a combination of anti depressant and mood stabiliser for a while, but couldnt find a mood stabiliser that didnt have really bad side effects for me.

jellybelly123 Thu 20-Feb-14 11:32:09

I will start sertraline asap apparently. I am on lithium, too. So hopefully my mood lifts and stays normal.

Suicidal5833 Thu 20-Feb-14 11:46:18

Yeah I've done it and like I said it's just a pain going through withdrawal if you go high.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now