Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling meh...life feels flat and pointless.

(4 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Wed 19-Feb-14 20:27:55

Im a single mum and just split up from a short term but adored dp. He was a prick though.
I just cant seem to see the point in anything. Im not suicidal but just well...meh!
I took dd up to London for a few days and I was a bit excited but jusy felt really exhausted and couldnt waot to come home.
I really struggle with motherhood...love dd but just want her to stop the incessant chatter and wish she could help round the house instead of trashing ir.. shes 5.
I have more or less given up on relationships as my anxiety has destroyed my last two. I feel keft in the shelf and cynical.
Im not suicidal but I dint see the point of my life apart from dd and im gutted that even that is hard work.

DrJeanGrey Wed 19-Feb-14 21:38:50

superstarheartbreaker, everything is hard work when you feel like that. Especially a 5 year old child. Ending a relationship with a loved partner (prick or not) is going to make you feel really down and flat. It's normal to feel the way you do. It also passes

superstarheartbreaker Wed 19-Feb-14 22:09:29

I am going to start yet another thread in the relationship section about how I feel left behind and on the shelf. All my closest friends are paired up and they have little patience with my problems or rather they just don't get it.

superstarheartbreaker Wed 19-Feb-14 22:10:02

Trouble is I have found it tough being a single mum from the word go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now