Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Watching the clock.....

(8 Posts)
DumDum32 Tue 18-Feb-14 11:03:46

Just as the title says I spends at of my day watching the clock & wishing for night time to arrive so that I can take my sleeping meds and knock out.

I have a 3 1/2 yr old DD who is at home for half term but I've no interest in entertaining her at all. I just about make sure she eats on time & goes to the toilet.

I suffer from PTSD, Depression with psychosis & GAD. I'm not sure which one is making me feel this way. I feel dis engaged from everything aside from MN I've been posting a lot over the last 24 hrs hmm

Anyone else going through anything similar?

DumDum32 Tue 18-Feb-14 18:47:03

Just me then sad

EloiseintheSun Thu 20-Feb-14 00:10:18

Just stopped your post. Really sorry to hear about what's going on for you. Can you think at all about something that you like doing, or used to enjoy and at least try to do the same thing now, this half term week, or at least something similar?

Is there something that your DD likes that you could enjoy, too?

Do you get the level of support in RL that you need and deserve?

Your DD is young, you too, presumably, are young. Please take heart - take (make) time for yourself and your DD this half-term - and make sure that you are being well supported during these tricky days for you. You nurture your daughter. Time you had some nurturing of your own.

Have you made all this clear to your GP? Or would it help to write it down (or show him this thread?). Sounds like wheels need to be set in motion.

Please take time to enjoy at least some of this half-term. These are precious days for you and your lovely DD>

EloiseintheSun Thu 20-Feb-14 00:10:50

I meant spotted your post, of course! xx

DumDum32 Thu 20-Feb-14 09:29:17

Thanks for the response Eloise

I can't seem to do anything at the moment just plodding along. Numbness all over.

Another 4 days before DD is back to nursery I seem to be counting the days pretty badly. Watch clocking continues sad

Told G.P yday he has increased my meds & said allow them a couple of weeks to sink in & work. I just seem to wanna cry all the time at the moment sad sad sad

EloiseintheSun Thu 20-Feb-14 19:54:28

Oh DumDum
Please ask your GP for a decent referral to someone who can really talk to you - and give you the best support. You and your little one deserve that.

Can you try to do something tomorrow - be outside, doing something interesting/a little different from your ordinary routine. When I'm down, I find going outside can make a world of difference.

Please hold on tight - dark days pass.

DumDum32 Sun 23-Feb-14 13:17:32

Thanks Eloise seeing my cpn next week regarding possible meds change & counselling referral. Hopefully they can hurry it along!

On a plus point DD goes back to nursery tomorrow.

The feelings of dissociation continue but we've had a lie in today both me n DD n she seems less hyper today so easier to manage. Fingers crossed she stays that way today sad

DumDum32 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:29:18

Saw Cpn have been started on diazepam hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now