Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My job is making me severely depressed.

(4 Posts)
needaholidaynow Mon 17-Feb-14 15:30:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sisterofmercy Mon 17-Feb-14 15:40:15

You'd be unlikely to get any JSA if you left your job. They usually only grant it if you left because it was a fixed term contract that had finished, a temp job or you were kicked out. If you left because you were ill they would expect you to consider applying for the sickness related benefits such as DSA and getting that involves the dreaded ATOS assessments. Otherwise they would see it as just walking out because you didn't like it.

Is your management the sort where you can ask for help? Get an occupational health assessment? Are you being bullied and made to feel useless or has the job suddenly got much more difficult? Can you reduce your hours?

I am glad you are going to the doctors. (S)he may be able to sign you off for a while whilst you get some medical help which allows you to cope and make plans. You might have to try and get a new job if you think it is impossible to change this one for the better but you need to feel stronger so you can get started. Some jobs just don't work out but it is slightly easier to get a new one when you are currently working.

needaholidaynow Mon 17-Feb-14 17:29:40

needaholidaynow Mon 17-Feb-14 17:30:44

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now