Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I need urgent help

(10 Posts)
JupiterGentlefly Mon 17-Feb-14 09:41:54

Awaiting screening. Huge anxiety issues. Crippling debt and people bending over backwards to help with these but I am unable to help myself and feel like I am throwing it all in their faces.
I feel like I am breaking down today. I can't cope anymore with my life, my mess and the loop playing in my head. I am trying to ring mind but its busy. I don't know what to do who else to call.
Once I have been to my screening what type of help is there for me? I want everything stripped back and a fresh start.

StealthPolarBear Mon 17-Feb-14 09:42:57

I dont kniw sorry but didn't want this to go unamswered
holding hand

JupiterGentlefly Mon 17-Feb-14 10:12:50

Off to gp. I didn't think about that!

StealthPolarBear Mon 17-Feb-14 10:53:12

Good luck let us know how you get on x

StealthPolarBear Mon 17-Feb-14 17:21:09

How are you?

JupiterGentlefly Mon 17-Feb-14 19:42:59

Well, I have been given beta blockers for the anxiety attacks I keep getting. My GP hasn't given me any other meds as I am waiting a screening. We don't know whether I have some bipolar disorder but unlikely, I think I have ADD and always have done. We can figure from my school reports that all was never really well. However this was back in the 70's 80's where things weren't picked up on.
My debt and disorganisation are causing me anxiety. I just wonder whether these are caused by something or whether I am just generally 'hopeless' .
I lose things all the time, everyone says 'oh I am always losing my keys' but if I come home and need to go back to the car I often can't find them. Two hours is my record of loss! My friends say oh you need a regular place to put them.. I have one but I appear to be missing a synapse somewhere.!
I can make a mess in an empty room. I forget what I am saying in the middle of saying it (ooh look a cobweb on the wall)
Today I was talking to a tradesman and I was like the rowntrees randoms adverts! You could tell he thought I was batshit crazy. I just kept saying whatever came into my head in a very strange order (I am not usually this bad my anxiety was dreadful today).
I am quite confident and enjoy mixing (usually) but looking back several 'friends' used to say that I was a little bit bonkers.

JupiterGentlefly Mon 17-Feb-14 19:43:46

and if anyone else tells me I need to make a list I will kill them grin

StealthPolarBear Wed 19-Feb-14 09:02:42

grin
Sorry I missed your reply yesterday
It sounds like everything that's 'wrong' (sorry to use that word!) with you also makes you anxious which exacerbates your symptoms.
Do you have any good friends who could help you make a list figure out what you need to do and when to get a grip on the practical aspects? And then support you in general? Do you have a DP?

JupiterGentlefly Wed 19-Feb-14 19:18:23

Hi I do have a partner (I post on here as a single person as I am a lone parent and we are very much on off and living apart but to be honest thats another story and not really a problem(it really isn't))
To be honest the last few days have been better than the last few years. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I guess I hit rock bottom. I am looking forward to my screening. My GP was wonderful and said that it would be good to get a Psych assessment as this has been going on far too long.
My mother is very much the 'pull yourself together' type. she would say I just need to 'organise' myself! Friends are few and far between. I have lots, some very close and trusted but with children of a similar age and work we are all pretty tied up. I also hate being given advice.
Yes I should make a list and prioritize what needs to be done.
Start with one small task daily.. etc etc etc.
But when your head is jumping all over the place it seems impossible.
Thank you for replying.

StealthPolarBear Sun 23-Feb-14 11:46:19

how are you getting on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now