Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

help

(10 Posts)
brightandbreezyNot Sat 15-Feb-14 03:46:37

Sat wide awake can not stop thinking bad thoughts and how to end my life. Feel let down by mh services. Recent discharge from hosp following overdoses but no one seems to care the thoughts are still there

kateandme Sat 15-Feb-14 04:18:25

your not aloine.youll be surprised to at how many people are up around the world sitting with you sturggling too.is there anyone you can call on.or anything that helps.reading?draw how you feel?dvd?
try and calm down enough to think things through.night times are the wost when unhappy.
take care.deep breaths.keep your breathing level as you can becasue paicking right now will only lead to more emotional reactions to the things your going through.
do you have a mnetal health team or conacts for help?

brightandbreezyNot Sat 15-Feb-14 04:22:45

Cheers for taking time to reply. Yes have care coordinator and rung her on Mon this week to say struggling, but nothing since. Feel alone and let down by them all

Charlie97 Sat 15-Feb-14 04:49:56

I am so sorry that you feel let down by MH services, I know they are stretched but you are important.

Can you talk to us here until RL help can be arranged? If things get really desperate you can always call the Samaritans, they are fab.

What us your diagnosis and when were you discharged?

xx

brightandbreezyNot Sat 15-Feb-14 09:17:50

Discharged approx 3 weeks ago. Prev diagnosis is bpd,depression,Todd and eating disorder.

Charlie97 Sat 15-Feb-14 09:23:04

How are you feeling this morning? The night time is always hard?
X

brightandbreezyNot Sat 15-Feb-14 09:33:37

Tired. Angry with myself for not coping and letting family down

Charlie97 Sat 15-Feb-14 11:29:36

Ok, your tired that allowable, you had a disturbed nights sleep.

But angry, you should not be, anger is a waste of your resources.

And believe me you have not let your family down, you have not let anyone down. You're unwell, that's not yours or any one else's fault.

Keep talking, it will help.

G xx

brightandbreezyNot Sat 15-Feb-14 11:52:42

Such kind words

Charlie97 Sat 15-Feb-14 12:31:20

If you read back my threads, my sister has BPD and schizophrenic tendencies, I had to make the decision to have her assessed and subsequently she was sectioned. This was all about January last year, she is loads better now.

You will also get better, but it takes time, so keep strong and keep talking.

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now