Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Dh is a wreak, I don't know what to do?

(7 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Thu 13-Feb-14 21:16:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Funnyfoot Thu 13-Feb-14 23:17:09

You are doing all you can at the moment. It is hard for the person who has the depression but equally as difficult for the ones who love them.

Keep offering suggestions. Me mindful not to nag (this was hard for me as I am a nag by nature). Reassure him as much as possible that you are here for him and that things will improve.

It is like being in limbo until he has seen the professionals as they will prescribe the best course of treatment and clear guidelines of how you can help.

Take care and stay strong.

ajandjjmum Thu 13-Feb-14 23:26:50

This may be a stupid idea, but would it be possible for you to give him a list of things that need doing each day, so that he has a purpose and is contributing? Or would that just make the situation worse?

Hope he finds the CBT helpful. smile

lisad123everybodydancenow Fri 14-Feb-14 07:35:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WeeSleekit Fri 14-Feb-14 07:40:51

Is there a local mental health charity he would consider contacting? MIND sometimes have local centres where people can go and get support/ take part in activities. Or they run befriending schemes. Would he be interested in anything like that?

Tortoise Fri 14-Feb-14 07:43:50

Would he feel up to voluntary work to get him out the house for a few hours a week?

Grockle Fri 14-Feb-14 07:49:07

I used to do a list for exP. I'd put simple things that would be helpful on it plus other things like:

Have a cup of tea
Text me
Meet me after work
Smile
I love you

I think the best thing is to be supportive, try not to get too frustrated, remind him it's just a phase. It may be a bad long one but one you can work through together. And maybe try to subtly remind him if the things he's good at (subtly because it's horrible when you feel patronised).

So sorry things are like this Lisa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now