Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I don't know what to do

(5 Posts)
BelieveinWigan Wed 12-Feb-14 17:44:14

I'm depressed and have been for fourteen months (undiagnosed) I'm starting to think its not just this though. I can't go to see anyone because my family don't know and wouldn't support me. i.e- make fun out of depression. But I know my brain works in a different way and I just snap out of nowhere. I think I might have other mental health issues but I can't find out hmm

Nojustalurker Wed 12-Feb-14 18:10:32

Sorry you feel,this way.

Why do you think your family would not support you?

I would be ideal if they supported you seeking help but if needed you don't need to tell me.

LEMmingaround Wed 12-Feb-14 18:14:46

You are not alone - please go to see your GP, they really can help, they will most likely refer you for counselling. There is no shame in mental illness, there really isn't - it sounds like your family need to come out of the dark ages however you know what, it doesn't matter what they think - you don't have to tell them.

BelieveinWigan Wed 12-Feb-14 18:19:04

I do try and be happy it's just I don't even remember what it feels like hmm thanks for the responses

Honeysweet Wed 12-Feb-14 18:20:41

Your family would not need to know if you chose not to tell them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now