Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Do I have PND?

(9 Posts)
MommyBird Tue 11-Feb-14 11:42:47

Hi!

I'm just looking for some advice smile
I had PND with my eldest. It went unditected for a while as i just didnt think i had it from my symptoms!
I suffered with anxiety on and off. It came back with a vengence when i had dd1!
I suffered with it for a good 3 years since. It wasnt all doom and gloom. I had good weeks and bad days. I had counselling when i was pregnant with dd2 and felt alot better. More confident.

We have a Toxic family member who, tbh, made things alot worse. She didnt care i was poorly and still piled on the pressure/guilt trips all that.

We cut contact when we had the strength too. She treated me like crap when i was heavily pregnant/due dd2. We didnt want another reply of what it was like with dd1. She continued harrasing/ringing/texting etc. Nothing but "memememe" then her husband got involved and was ringing DH with guilt trips. All this with a newborn and the fear my PND would return.
We told her about the PND but still didnt stop.

It was a trying time. Its been almost 6 months now and my anxiety has been fab. Almost nothing.

A week ago, she got in contact on FB. Publicly. Told us how nasty we are and a whole bunch of lies. She then threatend 'never mind this. I will sort this out face' i said we didnt to sort out and she left it with 'i will see you soon'.

Dh is back at work after a week off. Im so anxious about her coming down. I dont know whats happening. So my anxiety is back.

Dd1 is poorly. She hasnt eaten properly for a few days, horrible cough/cold, very clingy and taking naps (so unusual for her!)
DH and i arn'nt sleeping what with dd1 being ill and dd2 being a baby and waking up at 3am.
I just feel so teary. I feel like i dont get 5 minites to myself right now and just feeling low.

Im petrified of feeling like i did before and just wondered if it does sound like pnd or im having an off week?
my anxiety is bad since all that with Toxic family member.

Im just abit stuck really.

alicemac83 Tue 11-Feb-14 16:52:43

Hi, I don't think a trip to the GP would hurt. Sometimes just telling someone else how you are feeling can help. I'm not surprised you are feeling anxious! After the stress of having a baby and lack of sleep, you don't need any added worries. Can you block her from FB and your phone?
Perhaps you need to cut all contact for a while until you feel better.
Sometimes the fear of getting ill again can be all it is, but like I say, maybe go to the GP for reassurance. XX

MommyBird Tue 11-Feb-14 20:16:42

Im good friends with one of the nurses so i might pop in and have a chat with her.

We have blocked/deleted her. Im just worrying now that she will take us to court for contact with DD1 + DD2. DH has said there's no chance as that involves making an effort!

Found out now that dd1 has tonsalitus(sp) so shes got some medicine for that so hopefully she'll feel better soon.

I think it may just be lack of sleep and abit of a crappy week.
my anxiety is still a propblem with this family member as theres no closure.

alicemac83 Wed 12-Feb-14 09:59:55

Hi MommyBird, I think it sounds like you have very good reason to feel anxious. I would too in your situation. I think you'll be fine when things are more resolved, but in the meantime take care of yourself.
Have a chat with your friend, I'm sure she'll set your mind at rest, and if she does suggest seeing your GP then that might make you feel better as you're doing something constructive to feel better.
I hope you are OK, there really is nothing worse than feeling anxious xx

MommyBird Wed 12-Feb-14 16:43:32

It felt like that was it then. The door was closed. I had closure, she was obviously the victim but i knew what she was like and i knew we didnt save to see her anymore.

Its been months and just hearing from her is like a smack in the face. Its all starting again.
Plus i dont know if shes just going to turn up on our doorstep.
DH is at work during the day. I feel like im just 'waiting' for her. The anxious feeling is just horrible.

MommyBird Wed 12-Feb-14 16:43:42

It felt like that was it then. The door was closed. I had closure, she was obviously the victim but i knew what she was like and i knew we didnt save to see her anymore.

Its been months and just hearing from her is like a smack in the face. Its all starting again.
DH is at work during the day. I feel like im just 'waiting' for her. The anxious feeling is just horrible.

MommyBird Wed 12-Feb-14 16:43:55

MommyBird Wed 12-Feb-14 16:44:08

MommyBird Wed 12-Feb-14 16:44:33

Oops! Phone went funny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now