Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

where to go if you have noone to talk to

(7 Posts)
AcaciaBeez Sun 09-Feb-14 12:09:52

and just feel rubbish. I'm sitting here crying for no reason.
I have a ton of work to do (am doing a degree) and super worried I won't get it done then I'll fail my degree

I have friends but they don't know that I feel this way and I don't want to tell them

AcaciaBeez Sun 09-Feb-14 12:21:01

I feel like on the outside things look great to everyone but what they don't see is rubbish on the inside.

I'm just rambling to myself getting my thoughts out

KateBG Sun 09-Feb-14 12:44:44

The key to happiness is not to worry so much. You will have problems during your whole life, but you should find a way to be happy. Stop being so worried about everything. Make a decision to take care of yourself. It will be great if you finish your education. Then you can find a good job where you will meet new people that can change your attitude towards life. You will earn money that you can use for trips or a hobby.
There must be something that can make you feel good - a chocolate, music, an episode of your favorite TV series (something than won't take you more that half an hour). Don't worry about things that you cannot change, but try to make your life better. You have the power to do this and now you just need some confidence. Love yourself and you will feel better.

SnowyMouse Sun 09-Feb-14 12:45:40

What about the samaritans? 08457 90 90 90 You can ring or visit them or email them here

SilverStars Sun 09-Feb-14 12:52:06

And if you are worried about your work for your degree, can you talk about that bit of stress with other people on your course, as they may well feel the same - or share how they cope with it (I write lists, and cross bits off, setting small and achievable targets, with rewards for doing it - like a nice cup of tea and watch a tv programme etc)

AcaciaBeez Sun 09-Feb-14 16:52:30

I'm scared of food so that doesn't help.

I know rationally all these little things don't matter and I'm good at not sweating the small stuff (except for academic work which is awful)

Thanks for the advice - I don't want to talk to the Samaritans as I'm not about to kill myself I just feel awful and don't want to waste their time

All of you replying means so much, just knowing people are out there to reply to somebody on teh internet is amazing. Thank you

KateBG Sun 09-Feb-14 17:54:22

We all have our ups and downs. Just know that things change all the time and you will find yourself in a much better place a few months from now. Just try to make the waiting not so hard. Trying to achieve goals in education is usually very depressing because you feel uncertainty and you don't see the results very soon. But once you graduate you will be so proud of yourself. And even now you have to be proud of yourself. I have so many classmates that gave up the idea to study and to get a better future. Set small goals and feel happy for achieving them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now