Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Doomed to fail innit?

(4 Posts)
purplewatermelon Fri 07-Feb-14 23:00:47

We both have Borderline Personality Disorder, he lives in the US, I live in the UK, we both have children

It doesn't matter how much we click, understand each other or make each other laugh, or talk all day and never run out of things to say or lose the smiles on our faces, we'd never work would we?

Someone give me a good boot back into reality. Thanks

Nittynana Sat 08-Feb-14 04:23:30

It is what it is, a long distance relationship at best and a good friend at least.

Are either of you thinking of relocating? That may be difficult either way.

Its hard having mental health issues and even harder to find someone you click with, so why not just enjoy what you have.

Good luck and best wishes

skyninja Sat 08-Feb-14 14:41:32

I wouldn't say doomed to fail but it sounds as if one of you would have to make a huge life-change by moving to the other country. And that's a massive pressure, for both of you.

So I would suggest it's not the things you have in common, it's the things you don't have in common, ie living 3000 miles apart. But enjoy the relationship as it is for now!

basia2 Sun 09-Feb-14 22:49:15

In my experience, people with psychological problems tend to attract/be attracted to other people with psychological problems.
There are many of us who have them, so it's not that unusual that we'd end up finding each other and hooking up.
The bigger challenge to me seems to be the distance.
But if it's meant to be, any challenge can be overcome.
Good luck. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now