Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anxiety worse when tired?

(4 Posts)
alicemac83 Tue 04-Feb-14 10:39:46

I'm on week 4 of citalopram and felt like I was doing really well.
I had quite a calm weekend, then yesterday was really good - I felt like my normal self all day. Then last night I didn't sleep well, and today I feel terrible, really anxious, feel like I'm going to have a panic attack at my desk and a bit sick. I took my meds on an empty stomach this morning which probably didn't help. Do you think it's tiredness making me feel like this? I feel like they're all physical symptoms really. Is this normal? X

LastingLight Wed 05-Feb-14 08:17:51

Tiredness will exacerbate your symptoms.

teawomen Wed 05-Feb-14 16:14:20

In my experience if I have a rough night my anxiety/panic is defiantly worse

WithanAnotE Wed 05-Feb-14 20:02:17

Tiredness definitely makes me worse on all fronts; anxiousness, irritable, argumentative as well as the physical tiredness.

Sleep deprivation is a torture technique. It most definitely has a physical impact and mental impact.

An article I read recently also posited that the sleep process is now speculated to also remove 'toxic' chemical build-up and re-balance the brain soup between the synapses in the brain (which is where many ADs target) so insufficient sleep impedes apparently his clean-up process....

Either way, lack of sleep totally sucks sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now