Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anyone else coming off venlafaxine?

(7 Posts)
Faerieinatoadstool Tue 04-Feb-14 08:26:33

I've started weaning and because of the dosage I'm on it should take about a month but I'm getting so many side effects: period like bleeding on and off; headaches; sudden extreme tiredness; feeling shaky and weak.
I want to do this so that I can get my body back to get pregnant in a few months but just wondering what other people are experiencing and how they are coping.

Lottapianos Tue 04-Feb-14 08:30:14

I came off it about 10 years ago. It was quite rough - I had fluttery feelings in my head every evening for about 2 weeks. Are you doing it under medical supervision? I think that's probably the best way forward

Faerieinatoadstool Tue 04-Feb-14 08:52:16

The doctor told me to drop 1 tablet (37.5mg) a week. I know it will be worth it, I would just quite like to amputate my head until it's sorted

Lottapianos Tue 04-Feb-14 09:00:57

Yes it will be worth it, but you may well be in for a rough week or two. I guess trying to keep as healthy as possible in the meantime can only help - sleep, lots of water, watch the sugar and booze. Good luck

larahusky Tue 04-Feb-14 22:46:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Faerieinatoadstool Wed 05-Feb-14 22:57:11

Ok, symptom update:
Constant headache, with lightheadedness and brain zaps thrown in for good measure.
Feeling more awake and buzzy than I have in months, pretty fun.
And I get to be nice and awake to enjoy my crazy head.
Only 3 more weeks to go hopefully then I get to meet the new (or old) me and find out what I'm left to work with. Exciting!

Lottapianos Thu 06-Feb-14 13:09:15

Oh yes, the brain zaps! Fun hmm

Glad you're feeling awake and buzzy as well as the more horrible feelings. Well done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now