Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

urgently need to help my adult son, im at my witts end!

(20 Posts)
Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 17:49:21

My son is having another relapse with his mental health. He has Aspergers, anorexia also. He has gone awol yet again, abroad to Europe. He has hardly any money.
He is not street wise, he has had his bank card cloned several times. Been mugged etc.

Anyway, is there a helpline open at weekends for me to talk to on phone or online???

Need an action plan both for him and me.

Im worried sick about him!!!

juneau Sat 02-Nov-13 17:53:32

What about mental health charities (Mind, Sane?) or ones that assist people with Asperger's? The police may also be able to assist you. As a vulnerable British adult is missing abroad and in financial difficulty I would've thought that merits police and/or consular assistance. Do you know what country he's in?

Unexpected Sat 02-Nov-13 17:58:57

Do you know which country he is in? MNers in that country might be able to advise on services there which might be able to provide emergency assistance to him.

Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 18:04:25

Not sure police can help. He isn't missing just likes running away and jumping on plane or train to escape reality. He has been on the phone crying to me today and yesterday almost hysterical! He has his mobile and about to board plane. He is using his overdraft.

Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 18:08:07

He has told me location of where he is heading. Last time he did this he was held at knifepoint in a major Euporean city coz he was silly and was not on the ball. He freaked up. He is like a boy in a mans body.

Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 18:08:53

Freaked out not up

Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 18:10:27

Looked on Mind website............

Madamecastafiore Sat 02-Nov-13 18:12:01

Can you ring the consulate/embassy in the country he is in?

PacificDogwood Sat 02-Nov-13 18:15:40

Could you try and find out who to speak to at the airport he is flying to?? See if he could be met by somebody (embassy seems like a good idea).

What is it you would like to achieve: get him brought home, send him money, speak to him?

This must be so scary for you and him, so sorry thanks

Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 18:18:33

Mind helpline open mon to fri only!!!!!

Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 18:21:09

I need flight info from him etcas no idea details! Only country?? He also has laptop with him. Awaiting response from him.

PacificDogwood Sat 02-Nov-13 18:58:04

I am rooting for you and him.

If you know the country, could you contact main embassy/general consulate in the meantime?

<holds hand>

Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 18:59:48

Pacific thank you so much. X

Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 19:00:46

What on earth do I say to embassy????

IsItMeOr Sat 02-Nov-13 19:06:42

Sane should be answering now:
Phone: 0845 767 8000 (daily, 6pm-11pm)

PacificDogwood Sat 02-Nov-13 19:07:40

Just what you posted here.

I am sure they will have heard it all before and will be able to help you in some way.

Fluffyconcrete Sat 02-Nov-13 23:59:10

Well he is still in UK at airport waiting for plane had to turn his phone off to save battery.

He can't remember his pin number for bank card. ( He does this a lot, sigh).

Gonna make some calls after sleep, feel very fluey. Stress doesn't help. He has only eaten some crackers and bag of crisps in bout 24 hours. He is painfully thin for height.

Dear god. My son needs help. He is not rational bout anything.

Least while he is in UK airport feel bit better, only slightly. He has a hotel booked but does not include food!!!!

Fluffyconcrete Mon 04-Nov-13 22:06:08

Well called Sane, they were a listening ear. Gave my some tel nos.

Need to chat to my son at least about the worry he causes me, but will wait on his return.

Struggling with flu/tonsilitus so hurts to talk at mo.

Meanwhile the rest if family life at home goes on.

Im thinking he needs to go back to GP to get refered again to mental health team.

PacificDogwood Mon 04-Nov-13 22:10:01

Ah, Fluffy, you are having a horrible time of it, aren't you?

Glad you got to speak to somebody; it's something, I suppose.

Where is your son now? How independently does he live? With you?

happy2help Mon 04-Nov-13 23:31:07

Hi fluffy. Only just seen your post. How are things. Hope your son is home safe and sound now and that you're feeling better thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now