Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Quick help please

(2 Posts)
Sheepasaurus Fri 18-Oct-13 20:37:36

Husbands teenage son from a previous relationship lives with us and has done for the past four a years, his mum has mental health and alcohol problems. She gas texted my husband tonight basically telling us to look after her son and when she is gone to tell him he was her world. Husband rang her mum and her mum has basically said that she had her on the phone saying goes she is going to commit suicide this weekend. Her mum was really upset and has told my husband the she gas given up and I'd not going to 'do anything' as she has been 'like this'
for the past 18yer and she had given up trying to help her. .

Mr and I both feel that we can't do nothing but don't know what to do, she lives 4hrs drive away and we dont have her current address without asking stepson and worrying him. She is known to her local mental health team. If I Google mental health + her town do you think I will be able to talk to someone and maybe get them to go round?

Pollywallywinkles Fri 18-Oct-13 21:17:30

If you are concerned phone the police on 111 and explain the situation to them. Assuming you know which town she lives in and her full name they should be able to assist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now