Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

refused treatment

(29 Posts)
davidsotherhalf Fri 13-Sep-13 09:07:17

my dd was diagnosed a couple of years ago with asd, ptsd, personality disorder, amongst other things, we tried to get her some treatment with camhs at first but they don't treat this, so eventually they transferred her to adult mental health for treatment, she went to be assessed a couple of weeks ago after waiting a year on the list,now they are refusing treatment as my dd has asd and they don't treat ppl with asd, we have asked if disability mental health can treat my dd, we have been refused treatment by them as my daughter is to clever her IQ is to high, I don't know how to get my dd treatment that she desperately needs. it's impacting on all our lives as she isn't sleeping as she's out of meds(gp can't prescribe her med) and dd keeps trying to self harm. i'm on suicide watch 24/7

davidsotherhalf Sat 21-Sep-13 08:24:24

tbh we can't afford anything at the minute, I can't leave dd so can't work, dp had only been back at work for a month, as he had to have surgery in February then therapy for his cancer,, we have been living on £90 a week since feb, all our savings went on mortgage etc, now dp is off work again,
had a very bad day yesterday, took dd to gp, he was so nasty, he told us if dd wants therapy and counciling I can do it, then asked why disability team can't treat her, dd replied because I am to smart, his reply was if you was smart you wouldn't be on meds, that makes you stupid to me. i'm going to look for a new gp for dd and myself. as this isn't first time he's been nasty. we have been in this town for 5yrs, he told me to go back to the town I came from says I can't expect him to carry on treating me. wouldn't refer me to specialist care I was having before I came here.(I have heart condition)

pinkfelttippen Sat 21-Sep-13 08:38:17

Find a new GP. Let DP go to his appointment on his own and take DD to hers. If no joy from DD's appointment, are there any ASD charities that can a) offer you all support, and b) help you to get help?

Pollywallywinkles Sat 21-Sep-13 09:02:26

That is disgusting and you need to complain. Speak to the practice manager in the first instance. Is there another doctor at the practice you can see? If not, you may need to find another practice.

You can't continue in this manner and need some support. There are some patient advocacy services out there who may be able to help you.

Pollywallywinkles Sat 21-Sep-13 09:28:50

Try these.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now