Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

two young children and feelimg sucidal

(7 Posts)
fee25 Thu 18-Jul-13 21:32:39

since the start off this year ive been severely depressed i got put on fleuxtine but that never worked ended up taking 2 overdoses. (not trying to kill myswlf just wanted to hurt myself) the doctor switched me. venalafaxine which seemed to work but since may i have stopped taking them because i kept on forgetting and thought i was feeling better now am back to how i was feeling in january but cant tell my doctor or health visitor how am feeling because they atill think am on medication and think am all better so they will just think am after attwntion dont feel like i can cope much longer please help x

mummylin2495 Thu 18-Jul-13 21:51:55

Please go back to your doctor and explain why you stopped taking the medication. Hopefully your doc will be sympathetic and show you some understanding and put you back onto your meds.Please don't hurt yourself. Good luck

sewingandcakes Thu 18-Jul-13 21:55:24

Please tell someone, you won't be judged for it. It's easy to forget to take them, I did it myself last night. Don't do anything to hurt yourself, please. Thinking of you.

exoticfruits Thu 18-Jul-13 22:01:08

The doctor and health visitor really won't feel like that- please go back, you do need their help. Best wishes.

PoodleFlavouredFreddos Fri 19-Jul-13 23:58:26

please tell someone, the dr or hv won't think it is attention seeking behaviour. Patients often come off medications for various reasons, so it will be something they see often - but they'll be able to help you when you feel like this.

If you feel in immediate danger please go to a&e.

Thinking of you

LondonNinja Sat 20-Jul-13 00:10:30

Please tell them how you feel. They'll help.

I hope you're ok.

As PP said, A&E if things are getting on top of you. Call an ambulance. Tell them you have two children, too.

You'll get through this. Don't worry about being judged - doctors who know what they're talking about will only wish to help you.

vwcampervanfan Sat 20-Jul-13 00:23:22

Do you have a DP/ family/ friends who you can talk to? Please talk to them if you can. Go back to your doctor, use the emergency out of hours. You are suffering from a chemical imbalance and it can be treated. They won't think you're attention seeking, I bet its really common for people to stop taking medication. I had PND with both my DC's and although mine doesn't sound as severe as yours, I know how low it can get you and how you feel you're being a nuisance to people and they're going to get sick of you - THIS IS PART OF THE SYMPTOMS.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm being much help but I think you should reach out to someone for the sake of you and your kids x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now