Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Im setting up a charity for people with or have had PND

(3 Posts)
jofeb04 Tue 06-Jun-06 19:03:22

Hiya
Im really thinking of setting up some sort of charity and support group over the country. I am suffering with PND, almost over it (hopefully anyway, still have pritty bad days tbh, not really admitting it though to my dh).
Would any of you want this sort of support, maybe a private counseller etc??

Verso Tue 06-Jun-06 19:51:10

It's a good idea, but there's one already: post-natal illness organisation

fullmoonfiend Tue 06-Jun-06 19:58:25

However, jofeb04, there is a real need for post-natal support groups in many area. In my town, I was a volunteer for the local Mental Health Project, who ran a small, friendly group for mums needing a little extra support. It is thriving and very popular now with a waiting list. For many mums it was the only time they got out of the house. You had to be referred to it by a doc or Health visitor. There were toys for the babies/toddlers and lots of talks/crafts/relaxation stuff for the mums. Perhaps you could contact someone like your local council for voluntary services - which supports small charities - and sugggest something like this? There is often lots of funding out there for groups like this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: