Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Has anyone else had this problem? ESTA's and Bipolar

(4 Posts)
TheKnightsWhoSayNi Fri 07-Jun-13 14:01:35

We are going to America on holiday later this year. I just tried to apply for ESTA's for everyone, but then came the question about do you have a mental disorder.

Well, my partner does. She's diagnosed as a Rapid Cycling Type 1 Bipolar, and will be taking to hefty medication with her. So I thought I should tick yes, since otherwise they'll ask why she's carrying the stuff at customs and then they'd say we lied on the application or something.

Unfortunately, once I'd ticked yes and submitted the application, hers was refused. Has anyone else had this problem and what do we do now?

It didn't ask for details as I'd expected it to. It was just a blanted question. It did say you could apply for a proper visiting Visa, but this seems to require an interview of some sort.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 12-Jun-13 07:10:38

She will need to be interviewed at a US Embassy or consulate. I would be speaking to them asap.

Mitchy1nge Wed 12-Jun-13 13:24:23

how could anyone possibly know the drugs were for bipolar? Even lithium has other uses (migraines?), and all the others are originally for other conditions like epilepsy

Rubysmummy09 Fri 15-Jan-16 17:14:30

Hi I'm just wondering what the outcome of this was as the same as just happened to me thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now