Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Crisis Team anyone?

(3 Posts)
Doorly Sun 02-Jun-13 15:23:44

I already have a thread in m/h topic on my spectacular mood fall whilst I am changing meds. I am sorry I can't link it, but it's posted under this name.
The upshot has been a referal onto the cmht (crisis) well the gp said he would do it on fri and he would contact me on fri to see how I was,but the staff in the surgery (when I phoned at 6.20pm) said no nothing has been sent andthey are going to ask him to get it sorted first thing monday.
What do they actually do, the crisis team that is?
Do they actually have the power to get other services invloved like psychiatry or psychologists or do they just keep an eye on you to make sure you are safe.
Thanks

fluffydressinggown Sun 02-Jun-13 18:18:08

I am under the crisis team at the moment.

They visit you at home or they ring you. Contact is pretty regular, every day to a few times a week usually for a short time, until you are through the crisis or other services are put in place.

They can refer you to psychology and longer term support services in the CMHT. The team usually has their own psychiatrist, but you won't necessarily see them.

They are usually pretty nice. Lots of focus on taking responsibility for yourself and making positive steps towards recovery. They encourage you to make positive choices and to do things to get out of the house and to keep things going. Their focus is quite short term. On my visits this week we have discussed medication, my plans for next week, how I have felt that day, any immediate SI risks, that sort of thing.

Hope this is helpful smile

Doorly Mon 03-Jun-13 12:01:38

That is really helpful thank you fluffy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: