Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Am I pathetic? Buck me up if so.

(5 Posts)
HappinessProject Tue 28-May-13 20:44:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SnowyMouse Tue 28-May-13 21:11:36

Have you thought about chatting to your GP?

HappinessProject Tue 28-May-13 21:24:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SnowyMouse Tue 28-May-13 21:38:25

They offer talking therapy too, not necessarily meds.

Hoophopes Tue 28-May-13 22:30:24

It sounds like you have lots of big life events. If work was not stressful, dh had a job and your life work balance was better how would you be? If you think you would be the same then good idea to consider mental health treatments. If it is work related stress then can you ask your work for help, through occupational health (eg reducing duties, change of roles, less hours etc). Can you be honest with your dh about how he is making life harder for you? Would being honest help. Can you tell him what you need from him? Medication can help you deal with things but they cannot change you having to sell your house or job deadlines etc. If you think medication can help you concentrate you can go back to your gp and tell them what you think would help. Why is work counselling not working, can you tell the work counsellor how you have found it? Often counselling can be looking at helping you make the changes you need to make, or changing your attitiudes towards things to help(not always but that might be what they are trying to work on with you).

Can you think about when project is over and think of one day when you can be with your dc and do the things you want with them? I am sure many parents are different to how they imagined they would parent ... Jobs, cooking, shopping, cleaning etc takes its toll.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now