Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Angry and in pain.

(8 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sun 19-May-13 20:32:30

Since my ex broke up with me a month ago. Everyone keeps telling me I should be over it by now and to look to the future. TBH I wish they would all just fuck off. They are all happy and coupled up and I am angry and in pain. I can't just switch off the hurt button in my herat. I am hurting because lots of things/people right now tbh. The anger is teh worst; I hate feeling angry but I am ......agggrrr!

LEMisdisappointed Sun 19-May-13 20:34:36

Anger is a positive emotion so long as you don't let it fester and turn it on yourself. How long were you with your ex? Do you have children together? Of course people just probably don't like to see you upset, but you must take your own time in getting over things. It will get better though.

Shakey1500 Sun 19-May-13 20:41:28

It's absolutely bloody fine to be angry about something like this. Angry enough to seethe, chuck a few things, cry till your eyes are red and stingy, listen to disgustingly soppy heart wrenching cd's and wail like a banshee. Totally fine. For a while. But not so much that it begins to affect the rest of your life.

People mean well. There will always be people spinning out the plenty more fish line.

Allow yourself to be angry as you want but give yourself a time limit. Else it will become destructive anger which will only serve to make yourself feel worse in the long run.

Sorry things suck for you at present. May I give you some wine or brew and some thanks to help you through (there's no hammer emoticon I'm afraid) smile

superstarheartbreaker Sun 19-May-13 21:10:23

We were only togather for two months BUT this for me is worse; I don't feel like the relationship had run it's course. I don't feel like he gave me a chance. The honeymoon period wasn't even over. We fell in love (or so I thought) then off he fucked after the first row. I also feel like my mental health contributed to the break up (I get bad pmt on the pill) and I am panicked that I will never get anything off the ground asmy moods can be unpredictable and I get very anxious about abandonment.

superstarheartbreaker Sun 19-May-13 21:11:51

I would have been happier if it was a longer relationship that just fizzled out but I feel so confused etc. Plus NONE of my relationships ever get off the ground which makes me feel like a bigger failure than ever.

LEMisdisappointed Sun 19-May-13 21:26:55

To be honest, i was surprised this was posted in Mental health but i wonder if you feel you do have some issues with anxiety? i can definately relate to that - maybe you should go to your GP and have a chat? How old are you?

You could look at it this way , he clearly isn't the one - you wouldnt be rowing after a few months if he was so you have saved yourself the time wasted on someone who is no good for you. There will be someone out there for you - but you have to start being kind to yourself first.

superstarheartbreaker Sun 19-May-13 22:22:41

I think I posted here because the anger IS affecting my mental health and seems to be disproportionate to my actual circumstances.

Decoy Sun 19-May-13 22:25:52

Would you consider a few sessions with a counsellor? Then you can let out all your feelings and discuss how to move on from here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now