Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How do I explain to DP

(7 Posts)
AlmostMrsRobinson Sat 18-May-13 21:47:36

That my anxiety/bad thoughts are not his fault and going on anti depressants will not make me realise that I don't love him anymore?

flanbase Sat 18-May-13 21:50:52

Involve him how you feel on your new medication. He can help you by looking after you and he'll see that the medication is beneficial to you and all is well

AlmostMrsRobinson Sat 18-May-13 21:55:11

Thanks Flan, I have asked him to keep an eye on me when I start taking them (I got prescribed them yesterday and so far haven't took any - bit scared of the side effects) and tried to explain that it isn't just about being unhappy but more like a physical illnesss where something isn't working correctly and the pills will help to balance things out. Think I've just confused him more tho to be honest!!

flanbase Sat 18-May-13 22:01:52

Hope it goes well for you and good that your dp is looking out for you. For your dp there could be a website for your mh condition that has a page for family to read that answers faqs and perhaps a place where he can go to get support & read that others got through fine. Best wishes

AlmostMrsRobinson Sat 18-May-13 22:31:08

Thanks Flan, I'm going to have a look online and see what I can find smile

CamelBalls Sun 19-May-13 17:56:12

Which ones are they? I'm sure alot of people on here would of been one some type on antidepressant so the likely hood of someone being/been on the same ones as you have been given is high xx

AlmostMrsRobinson Sun 19-May-13 20:26:01

Thanks Camel I'm on Clitalopram as of this morning. Have felt ok but know its early days, fingers crossed they will work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now