Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I've reached the end of my tether!

(4 Posts)
Cupcakemummy85 Fri 17-May-13 11:05:56

I finally can't take it anymore. Dd2 is just 3 months and never stops crying. My dd1 22 months is getting ignored I've got PND and am on 40mg of citalopram and it's not doing a thing! I'm bf and hating it but dd2 won't take a bottle of course. I dread waking up in the morning because I know how awful the day will b. do I ask the gp for something stronger? I had counselling with my first dd and it did nothing but go says I should give it a go but I don't even have time to eat let alone go and talk for hours! I feel like getting in my car and leaving. I want to feel happy again.

working9while5 Fri 17-May-13 11:43:03

Cupcake, do you have any childcare for your older one? I negotiated with psychological therapies that I could be seen with my baby as breastfeeding and he always attended with me, wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

I sympathize about breastfeeding. I had similar. It's really tough going.

mulranno Fri 17-May-13 12:04:58

Cupcake - this really is the very worst time - and it will get better in a few weeks. Do you think dd2 has colic? If so this tends to end as abruptly as it started about now at 3 months. Drop the bfing - you have done enough and your very best - if you are hating it it will not help bonding and might be the cause of colic or the incessant crying. Speak to your GP about upping your dose - and look at other ways of getting support. Could your partner make you a sandwich ready for lunch - can you getout on your own in the evenings for an hour? You will get thru it -- one hour at a time. Take care.

Hoophopes Fri 17-May-13 17:35:34

Hi - I would think it is exhausting having two children under age of 2. Could you get some support from homestart to come into your house a few hours a week. Would that practical help be useful? Your health visitor can refer you or think you can even self refer( but more likely to get seen quicker if have hv referral!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now