Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

just need to talk

(4 Posts)
incywincyspideragain Wed 15-May-13 23:34:32

its been a hell of a past 3 weeks - I've lost a really good friend, I'm trying to support his wife/friend but feel I'm not doing this well enough, I'm moving house in 2 weeks, dh is going into hosp on friday, I've recieved confirmation that ds2 and ds3 have severe hearing loss and advised to access LEA support for them (I have no idea now) my job (4 days a week) is stressfull - I'm not coping and feel on the verge of a panic attack when I walk into work, where my friend also worked... this is nothing compared to what my friend is going thro having lost her husband and daddy to her children but I am tired and drinking too much... I need to talk this through, I'm on the verge of doing something very very self destructive - I have a history of mental health issues... I don't have anyone in RL I feel like I can talk too...

DevonCiderPunk Wed 15-May-13 23:42:07

Good grief you have an awful lot on your plate. No wonder you feel overwhelmed.

DevonCiderPunk Wed 15-May-13 23:47:27

What bits do you need to talk through? Feel free to have a good vent. I'm a bit sleepy but will reply tomorrow if I drop off.

You need to take extra care of yourself physically with all these stressors going on. What can you do right now to feel a little better? Blanket round your shoulders, hot drink & biscuit, step outside for fresh air? Anything you can do to self-soothe a little bit.

ColouringInQueen Wed 15-May-13 23:47:54

Didn't want to leave you unanswered. It sounds like you're going through an extraordinarily tough time now and I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It is important to look after yourself if at all possible. If you're thinking of doing something harmful would you speak to the samaritans? I have rung them in the past and they were really helpful. Also try and sleep if you can.

Samaritans 08457 90 90 90

Take care x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now