Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Physical symptoms of anxiety

(5 Posts)
fledtoscotland Sat 11-May-13 16:46:18

My anxiety is through the roof atm due to financial worries that DH is putting his head in the sand about. I have fairly constant chest pain, nausea, hoarse voice.

Does anyone else get like this?

ColouringInQueen Sat 11-May-13 20:07:10

Hi Scotland sorry you're having such a tough time with anxiety at the moment. I'm recovering from depression and anxiety and can definitely say yes to the chest pain and nausea. Haven't experienced a hoarse voice but I would imagine that would be anxiety-related. Do you have any opportunities to relax at all - get out for a walk, have a soak in the bath with some favourite music on? Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jacksterbear Mon 13-May-13 10:18:22

Hello. Yes to nausea; I also get dreadful stomach cramps and diarrhoea (sp?) when very anxious and stressed. I also get pains/pressure all round my head, like someone is digging their fingers into my head and squeezing really hard.

Sorry you are having a tough time. flowers

Dawndonna Wed 15-May-13 21:06:31

I wish there was one day when I didn't get chest pain and then go into a complete tail spin about it, thereby making it ten times worse. I'm on beta blockers as of last week, think the dose may need to be increased. I suspect that there are a lot of us like this.
Hope this helps.

Averted Wed 15-May-13 22:07:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now