Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Trichotillomania & OCD

(2 Posts)
MrsHelsBels74 Sat 11-May-13 16:42:35

So I finally confessed up to my obsession with pulling apart my split ends, along with all the other things I'm really peculiar about & he said I have trich & OCD tendencies linked to my depression & anxiety.

Does anyone else suffer or has suffered in the past & overcome it?

moggy123 Sun 12-May-13 18:58:08

Hi, i suffer with anxiety and depression too. I used to run my fingers through my hair (pulling out lots in the process) when i was very very stressed. Also, after the birth of my two children i think i had baby blues and had a real problem with washing hands and cleaning the baby bottles. (i believe to do with ocd). Things have got better as i am on Citalipram 30mg now. I have found it helps me cope a lot better with stress etc. Just thought i'd msg you. Hope your doing ok, you are not alone in suffering with anxiety and drepression!! Regards,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now