Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Happy and scared

(2 Posts)
moggy123 Fri 10-May-13 20:12:09

Well, after having tonsilitus a million times (ok a slight exaggeration..) but it feels like it, the doctor has finally put me on the list to hopefully have my tonsils out. (waiting list is approx 3 months..) I am so so relieved as i have really suffered over the years. I am on citalipram now 30mg. upped it yesterday as not doing so well lately - whole family has been ill with colds etc for months. I have two young children, and everything took its toll. Hopefully i will be on the mend soon. I really want this op to be over and done with. i'm terrifed of being under general anaethetic. only had it once before and that was scary. Anything has got to be better than continuously having tonsilitus. its awful. Anyway, i hope somebody will write back,

mrsmobbs Sun 12-May-13 08:01:29

Hi sorry to hear you are under the weather removal of tonsils is an easy quick and really common op as long as you are healthy being put to sleep will be easy, daunting yes, but it will be over before you know it and once you have your energy and health back things won't seem so bad. The sun is shining for a change, we'll here anyway so just look forward to getting your life back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now