Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

im just so fed up lately .........

(16 Posts)
biglips Sat 20-May-06 00:03:33

as i cant be bothered doing much and i cannot find a bloody job so its really is getting to me as im worried as got mortgage on the house

since Xmas i cannot get up in the mornings, i felt like ive only had a few hours sleep as i go to bed and have a good 8 hours or sometimes 7 and feel like shit.. i have to kick myself up my arse to do anything atm!

there are loads of things i wanna do and things that needed to be done but simply cant be arse!

im on ADs tabs, been on them for nearly 2 months and i feel like wants to hibernate and got no energy as legs feels sssooooooo heavy

Ledodgyherring Sat 20-May-06 00:04:24

maybe you should stop/change the ad's go and see your gp again maybe you could benefit from counselling.

suzywong Sat 20-May-06 00:05:19

get your thyroid function tested

lethargy and feeling constantly tired is a big symptom of an underactive thyroid whichis easily treated.
Make an appointment on Monday with your GP

biglips Sat 20-May-06 00:06:29

this is my 2nd different tabs and stil no different if i werent on them - docs said its early days, got another 2 weeks left on them

biglips Sat 20-May-06 00:08:12

ive had my thyroid checked twice since i had DD 19 mths ago... was checked for under and over, also checked if i was aneamic, checked my bowel (thru blood test)

all clear

biglips Sat 20-May-06 00:10:15

had anyone been that tired that you cant be bothered to think? or if i wanted to buy summat (eg bread)...i think ill buy it tmrw as i cant be arse getting it now

suzywong Sat 20-May-06 00:23:30

sorry biglips, but you are describing me exactly when I had underactive thyroid for 3 and a half years. Wonder what else it could be?

biglips Sat 20-May-06 14:28:39

i wish it was the thyroid !!! so i can get it over and done with

biglips Sat 20-May-06 16:02:21

ill just mumble to myself then guys! as usual!!

tribpot Sat 20-May-06 16:06:58

It can take a while for the ADs to take effect, and for docs to find the right one / right dose for you. But were you diagnosed with depression 'just' because of the lethargy thing? Do you think you're depressed or could it be something else? From what you've said, it sounds like they've slapped the depression label on you because a few tests haven't found anything else.

biglips Sat 20-May-06 16:08:14

ive had depression for the past 14 yrs (unknown why?) but was only diagnosed last December as i thought i could snap out of it!

lua Sat 20-May-06 16:11:35

Biglips I think I feel like you...
I had a million thing that I really need to do, but just can't concentrate or be arsed....
I have also been checked, and been given tabs. I hated them! Made me feel worsed and drugged. I actually felt really well the week after I gave them up! Have been wondering whether maybe I need a lower dose....
How about diabetes? any family history?
You could also try talk therapy?
If you find a good answer, let me know!!!

biglips Sat 20-May-06 16:14:30

im waiting for my counselling to start any day now on on CBT counselling

i just wish i was a happy person as i feel fed up and knackered all teh time...

not diabetes, and my aunty (Who died 3 yrs ago) had a severe manic depression

biglips Sat 20-May-06 19:58:22

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

biglips Sun 21-May-06 22:53:35

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

singledadofthree Sun 21-May-06 23:31:54

is easy to get that way and not see a way out. guess we all have dreams of what we want to be and do, and when they are so far from where we are now it makes it seem impossible to fulfil them. so we give up trying and accept that this is it, it wont get better. BUT it can, just think of what you want for yourself and your kids and then look at real, practical ways of going about getting them. that doesnt mean robbing banks to get a big house and lots of hols, but start with the simple basic changes you may want to make and go from there. its not impossible just start with easy steps you can take and keep going.
eventually you will get where you want to be - and dont forget we are all just 'works in progress' - it takes a lifetime to become who we really want to be.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: